SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces an Investigation of Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq – REXN)

BALA CYNWYD – July 15, 2020 /Access Wire/ – Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“REXN” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq – REXN) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of federal and state law in connection with in connection with the proposed stock-for-stock merger of the Company with privately-held Ocuphire Pharma (“Ocuphire”). Under the terms of the agreement, upon consummation of the proposed merger, Ocuphire will own at least 85.7% of the newly-combined company; REXN stockholders will own only the remaining 14.3%. REXN stockholders will also receive certain contingent value rights (“CVR”) representing the right to receive (i) 90% of payments received by the combined company pursuant to its licensing agreements with BioSense Global LLC and Zhejiang HaiChang Biotechnology Co., Ltd. during the 15-year period after the closing of the merger; and (ii) 75% of the proceeds received by the combined company from the monetization of REXN existing intellectual property during the 10-year period after the  merger’s close.

The investigation concerns whether the REXN Board breached its fiduciary duties to shareholders by failing to conduct a fair process, including the dilution of ownership interest in the combined company.

If you own shares of REXN stock and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the investigation, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire, or Marc L. Ackerman, Esquire at Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 510, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, or call toll free 877-534-2590.

Brodsky & Smith, LLC is a litigation law firm with extensive expertise representing shareholders throughout the nation in securities and class action lawsuits. The attorneys at Brodsky & Smith have been appointed by numerous courts throughout the country to serve as lead counsel in class actions and have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients and shareholders. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.